Thursday, April 10, 2008

I was just reading this blog entry by The Crescat as she posted this article and talked about the hateful comments. It made me sooo mad that i needed to come here and talk about it. I'm sure you all know that us Catholic's are not liked by many. They look down of us for what we believe in and in what we say & do. Though i have read many rude comments on Catholics(like when the 7 new deadly sins were released),though what people said on this article tops them off.

Here are quotes from the comments:
"In other words, dogma is an excuse not to think for yourself"

"As one who was raised during the 1950s, I have a vivid memory of the "traditional" Catholic Church under Pope Pius XII. I hated it!! There was no freedom of thought or expression. I fear that Vatican II is being reversed. I have a hard time with "our way or the highway." I find abortion horrific, but I believe that anyone who participates in abortion will have to answer to God. However, I believe that birth control is reasonable and to forbid it is socially irresponsible. I revere the Tridentine Mass but I think there's room for both the "new" Mass and the Tridentine. People should have a choice"

"Maybe the church traditionally encouraged large families in order to ensure a large pool of children from which its clergy could choose to molest."

"Personally, my own life became remarkably better when I quit drinking and when I blew off Catholicism. Like the problem drinkers, many Catholics just don’t see the downside."

Its so sad to read what these miss led people think.

1 comments:

shopinchic said...

Actually its communism that prohibits you to think for yourself. And we all know how
they feel about religion.